Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Shea Turns 1!

We were on the road on Shea's official birthday, June 25th. With vacation, followed by birthday after birthday, it was getting hard to find the time to fit Shea's in. (I guess that's the bummer about being the youngest!) So I decided today was the day. I threw together this lollipop cake in no time flat. I was afraid the kids had used all the candles on Matt's cake, but luckily I found one in the back of the cupboard...and that was all I needed!

After dinner, we sang a lame rendition of Happy Birthday and let her dig in! When Brian was one, we had to give him a spoon (because he was always afraid of getting dirty) and feed him. So Shea must be my most brilliant child because she knew just what to do...she dug right in! Before we knew it, cake was EVERYWHERE!




Shea was up a lot of the night with teething pain, so it wasn't very long until she was all done...and of course the thumb went straight to the mouth...cake and all! Shea is now officially one. And that, my friends, is the end of our family's marathon season of birthdays...until March anyway!!!








No comments: