Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Last Supper

I always hate to see vacation end, especially when we've had such a great visit with family. I told Matt someday I want to go on a vacation where I don't have any constraints...time, money, or distance. Probably never going to happen, so I guess we'll take what we can get! After we found Michael in the corn field, we headed back for our last relaxing meal at the cabin.

Brian and Michael had their last rides around the farm.


Rachel dumped her plate for the last time.


Rachel and Matt enjoyed the fire...and mosquitoes..for the last time.



Rachel and Shea rock on the porch of the cabin. Shea really does love to be held by her sister:)
We really loved our visit back to the farm. It was fun to share a little of my childhood with my children. It was fun to let them get to know their Wilson family. It was fun to renew friendships. But most importantly, it was fun to strengthen family bonds and create new memories. Being on the farm brings back so many happy memories and reminds me that so much of the hustle and bustle that we busy our lives with in Utah really doesn't matter. Family is all we get to take with us. That's why I've been taking great effort to simplify and focus more on the things that matter most--and not let the pressure of the Utah culture rob me of that.




No comments: